Elite Amateur Division:
- To race as an elite amateur at a 5150 event, you must furnish proof of completing a USAT Sanctioned international distance event in a time of less than 2:15 for men and 2:30 for women within 12 months of the event. (for example: For a March 20, 2012 event, you must furnish proof of meeting the time standard for an event that occurred between 3-20-10 and 3-20-12)
- If you register to race in the elite amateur category at a 5150 event and fail to furnish results confirming you have met the time standard within a 12 month period, you will be removed from the elite amateur division and will be placed in your respective age group category.
- If you race as an elite amateur, you are required to place top 10 in the division at a 5150 event to qualify to race as an elite amateur at the Hy-Vee 5150 U.S. Championship.
- If you qualify as an elite amateur, you must race at the 5150 U.S. Championship as an elite amateur. Under no circumstances may you change to your age group category for the championship race.
- If you race as an elite amateur at a 5150 event and do not qualify, you may choose to race as an age grouper at another 5150 event.
Age Group, Clydesdale, Athena, Paratriathlete:
- If you finish top 15 in your division at a 5150 event, you will qualify for the Hy-Vee 5150 U.S. Championship.
- You must register within the allotted time period or you will forfeit your spot.
- Clydesdales will have qualification for men 39 and under (top 10) and also men 40 and over (top 10)
- Athenas will have qualification for women 39 and under (top 10)and men 40 and over (top 10)
For more detailed information on qualification, visit www.5150.com